One Island Six Destinations
Jamaica is known for its beautiful beaches, hotels, attractions, reggae music, culture, and an overall amazing experience. Beyond this phenomenon, there’s a lot more to experience on this beautiful Island. One Island, six destinations, yours to enjoy.
Known as “the complete resort”, Montego Bay is Jamaica’s second-largest city and well known as the tourist capital of Jamaica. It offers:
- A modern International Airport (The Donald Sangster International Airport) (SIA)
- A cruise ship Pier that can accommodate many liners.
- Beautiful white sand beaches
- 5 championship golf courses
- Lots of excitement and fun
Just outside of Montego Bay lies the historic town of Falmouth. Known for its Georgian architecture, sights to enjoy are:
- The 18th century Good Hope Great House
- The 17th century Greenwood Great House
- The Luminous/Glistening Waters Lagoon
- Martha Brae Rafting
- Hampden Estate Rum Tour
- The Falmouth Cruise Terminal allows visitors to enjoy a commercial complex featuring duty-free shops and restaurants.
Ocho Rios/Runaway Bay
- Dubbed “the centre piece of Jamaica”, Ocho Rios offers sightseeing to:
- Dunn’s River Falls and can be combined with the Bob Marley 9 mile tour
- Konoko Falls
- Dolphin Cove
- Mystic Mountain Adventure
Runaway Bay is a town in the parish of St. Ann, just 35 mins from Ocho Rios, which gets its name from the town being used as an escape route for runaway slaves. Interesting sights to enjoy:
- Green Grotto Caves
- Fisherman’s Beach
- Puerto Seco Beach & Park
- Cardiff Hall Beach
- Cranbrook Flower Forest for the nature lovers
Negril, a beach resort town, with its slogan “the capital of casual” offers such sites as:
- The Kool Runnings Waterpark
- The world-famous 7-mile beach
- Watching sunsets at Rick’s Café
- Cliff Diving
- Reggae Marathon, the first week of December
- Margaritaville for the party animals
Kingston is known as “the heartbeat of Jamaica”, and is Jamaica’s capital city. It is bordered by the Island’s largest mountain range and is home to the world’s 7th largest natural harbour. Sightseeing includes:
- Hiking tours to the famous Blue and the John Crow Mountains, just outside Kingston.
- The Norman Manley Internationa Airport (NMIA)
- The Bob Marley Museum
- Devon House
- Emancipation Park
- National Heroes Park
- Holywell Park
- Fort Clarence Beach
St. Mary, one of Jamaica’s smallest parishes located in the northeastern section of Jamaica, was once occupied by the Spaniards in 1655. Known for such sites as:
- James Bond Beach
- Firefly Estate – Sir Noel Coward’s former vacation home
- Golden Eye – Ian Flemings's former estate and where he wrote the James Bond series
- The Ian Fleming International Airport (IFIA)
- The Rio Nuevo Battle Site Museum
- Castleton Botanical Gardens
- Prospect Plantation for the nature lovers
- Sun Valley Plantation
Port Antonio – “naturally”, is located at the scenic end of the Island in the parish of Portland. It offers a quiet, quaint, and peaceful vibe unlike the hustle and bustle of Kingston. It was there that the Hollywood Actor, Errol Flynn used cargo rafting on the Rio Grande as a recreational activity for his guests.
Port Antonio is known for such attractions as:
- The Blue Lagoon
- Frenchman’s Cove
- The Errol Flynn Marina
- Beautiful White Sand Beaches
- Rafting on the Rio Grande
- Somerset Falls
- Boston Jerk Centre
- Navy Island
Explore these exciting, interesting attractions and so much more with Glamour DMC Concierge.
About Glamour DMC
In 1987 when the concept of a destination management company was just beginning to take shape in Jamaica, tourism and hospitality professionals, Myrtle Dwyer and Roy Anderson, launched Glamour Luxury Destination Concierge. Today the company has evolved into an award-winning full-service DMC specializing in Meetings & Incentive groups and event planning, logistics, and site selection. It provides a menu of services that includes ground transportation, expedited VIP airport arrival & departure, private tours & excursions, accommodation rate negotiations, plus much more.
Dynamic and easily accessible from most international gateways, Jamaica continues to be the premier Caribbean destination of choice for planners. With exceptional spaces and venues, extensive accommodations, a rich cultural heritage, a wealth of activities and attractions, and perfect year-round weather, the island is truly the best destination to meet for business and pleasure.
Jamaica has a celebrated history of superior customer service and Glamour Luxury Destination Concierge keeps the history alive by continuously exceeding clients’ expectations with intuitive high-touch service. The company also prides itself on its social responsibility with its environmentally friendly and community outreach programs including the popular “Partnership with a Mission”.
When planning your meeting, event, or group getaway to Jamaica, look no further than Glamour Luxury Destination Concierge. They remain your partners from the moment of contact to every guest’s departure and beyond. The extensive menu of services offered ensures your event looks and feels exactly as you envisioned it.
For further information or if you are interested in taking part in this programme, please contact:
Myrtle V. Dwyer
Glamour Luxury Destination Concierge